Welcome to Episode 3 of Roll Play Grow, the podcast for tabletop entrepreneurs, creators, and fans. In this podcast, we talk to the creators behind the brands in the tabletop role play gaming space about who they are and how they are turning their passion for gaming into a career.
Today we are speaking with Luna, a YouTuber and Twitch Streamer from Australia who goes by the name Luboffin. Her YouTube videos have mostly been centered on DMing tips and player tips for Dungeons & Dragons, though she talks about how they’re going to pivot this year. Luna is newer to the YouTube and Twitch scenes, so we spend a lot of time chatting about what it’s like to start a YouTube channel and get some really good perspective on how to navigate your first few months. We chat about things like how basic your equipment can be, finding your editing and graphic style, balancing time with a baby and a full time job, and ensuring that you enjoy the journey.
Luna is a ton of fun, and I really recommend checking out her channel after the episode.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:02:13 Luna Introduction
- 00:07:09 How Luna got into creating YouTube content
- 00:09:08 Hardest part of starting
- 00:12:44 Overview of Luna’s current videos
- 00:13:42 Future plans for her channel
- 00:15:58 Addressing the time commitment of creating videos
- 00:19:17 Why she started a Twitch channel
- 00:21:30 What equipment are you using?
- 00:21:58 How do you decide on topics?
- 00:24:06 Challenges faced
- 00:26:19 Naturally building a community
- 00:31:00 Making relevant content
- 00:35:34 In game observations & tips for new players
- 00:37:31 Most of rewarding part of being a content creator
- 00:38:32 Figuring out your video style
- 00:40:10 What would you do differently if you were to start over?
- 00:42:55 Upcoming projects and goals
- 00:46:27 Where can people find you?
- 00:47:15 Wrap-up
Show Affiliate Links
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for dropping by! We would love to know who would like us to interview, so please drop a comment here on the blog, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Discord to let us know who your favorite creators are! If you’d like access to more maps and content, including downloadable PDFs of our adventures, check out our Patreon. We’re able to do what we do because of all our amazing Patrons!