It’s Episode 2 of Roll Play Grow, the podcast for tabletop entrepreneurs, creators, and fans. I am Courtney Stover of Lightheart Adventures, and in this podcast, we talk to the creators behind the brands in the tabletop role playing gaming space about who they are and how they are turning their passion for gaming into a career.
In today’s interview, I have the privilege of chatting with Nix of MC Etching. Nix creates gorgeous etchings on glass and many other materials that pay tribute to some of our favorite games. A personal favorite of mine are his class specific glasses, like Bard, Druid, and Paladin. But one of the things I really appreciate about Nix is his extremely positive attitude and his passion for the rpg community. If you follow him on Twitter, you’ll know that he is your favorite Punkle, and always a shining beacon in your feed. Right off the bat in this episode, he offers some really wise words about how important it is to connect with the community you’re trying to work in.
Download & Subscribe
Amazon Music | Spotify | Apple Music | Stitcher | RSS Feed
- 00:00:00 Show Introduction
- 00:01:48 Nix Introduction
- 00:05:03 The start of his journey
- 00:07:50 The importance of reinventing yourself
- 00:11:52 Why Nix started a Twitch channel
- 00:14:57 How Nix got into glass etching
- 00:17:12 How he began to transition from hobby to business
- 00:19:35 Using Etsy as a storefront
- 00:21:38 A deeper look at his current products
- 00:24:22 The design process
- 00:29:25 That moment when you make NSFW products and don’t know how to list them
- 00:32:31 All about the tokens
- 00:35:22 Most challenging part of running MC Etching
- 00:37:25 Time spent on each order
- 00:44:06 The most rewarding part of running MC Etching
- 00:51:34 Upcoming projects and goals
- 00:54:15 Where to find Nix & why his name is Punkle Nix
- 00:56:44 Wrap Up
Show Affiliate Links
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- Dice Envy
Dice Envy creates beautiful dice in a variety of materials. Use lightheartadv for 10% off your order
- Found Familiar
Delicious coffee meets Dungeons & Dragons artwork. Use code lightheartadv for 10% off your order.
Thanks for dropping by! We would love to know who would like us to interview, so please drop a comment here on the blog, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Discord to let us know who your favorite creators are! If you’d like access to more maps and content, including downloadable PDFs of our adventures, check out our Patreon. We’re able to do what we do because of all our amazing Patrons!
069: DungeonGlitch makes music, talks D&D, designs merch & more
Matt Joro, also known as DungeonGlitch is one of those cool creators who does so many things. Matt is a DnD Influencer, Professional DM,
068: BeththeBard is writing spooky stories & launching businesses
Beth the Bard is a writer, designer, streamer, and professional dungeon master. I first learned about Beth when she published She is the Ancient,
067: Designing unique TTRPGs with Cassi Mothwin
Cassi Mothwin shot into the ttrpg scene a couple years ago when she created her first project, What Crooked Roots, a D&D 5e folk