It’s Episode 2 of Roll Play Grow, the podcast for tabletop entrepreneurs, creators, and fans. I am Courtney Stover of Lightheart Adventures, and in this podcast, we talk to the creators behind the brands in the tabletop role playing gaming space about who they are and how they are turning their passion for gaming into a career.
In today’s interview, I have the privilege of chatting with Nix of MC Etching. Nix creates gorgeous etchings on glass and many other materials that pay tribute to some of our favorite games. A personal favorite of mine are his class specific glasses, like Bard, Druid, and Paladin. But one of the things I really appreciate about Nix is his extremely positive attitude and his passion for the rpg community. If you follow him on Twitter, you’ll know that he is your favorite Punkle, and always a shining beacon in your feed. Right off the bat in this episode, he offers some really wise words about how important it is to connect with the community you’re trying to work in.
- 00:00:00 Show Introduction
- 00:01:48 Nix Introduction
- 00:05:03 The start of his journey
- 00:07:50 The importance of reinventing yourself
- 00:11:52 Why Nix started a Twitch channel
- 00:14:57 How Nix got into glass etching
- 00:17:12 How he began to transition from hobby to business
- 00:19:35 Using Etsy as a storefront
- 00:21:38 A deeper look at his current products
- 00:24:22 The design process
- 00:29:25 That moment when you make NSFW products and don’t know how to list them
- 00:32:31 All about the tokens
- 00:35:22 Most challenging part of running MC Etching
- 00:37:25 Time spent on each order
- 00:44:06 The most rewarding part of running MC Etching
- 00:51:34 Upcoming projects and goals
- 00:54:15 Where to find Nix & why his name is Punkle Nix
- 00:56:44 Wrap Up
Show Affiliate Links
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for dropping by! We would love to know who would like us to interview, so please drop a comment here on the blog, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Discord to let us know who your favorite creators are! If you’d like access to more maps and content, including downloadable PDFs of our adventures, check out our Patreon. We’re able to do what we do because of all our amazing Patrons!
Today’s guest is Devin Nelson, a very talented composer, musician, and game designer. We talk about how Devin quit their full-time job to pursue
Our guest today is Orion D. Black, the Creative Director for Dimension 20 and a game designer with publications on itch.io. Orion has had
It’s episode 50! It took a long time to get here, longer than it technically should for a weekly show, but we’re here. We